- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. of pure, lean ground bison (fresh or fully thawed)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 20 oz. can tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/5 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can of red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ox.) can of black beans (drained)
- In a large deep pot, over medium high heat, sauté bison until fully cooked through (there should be NO pink showing).
- Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except the beans, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and cook for 15 minutes more.
All natural ground bison give your chili a little sweet and rich flavor. No added hormones or antibiotics.Use Natural Ground Bison