Bison Steak & Couscous Recipe
- 3 (6 oz.) bison sirloin steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked couscous, follow package directions and cool
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil + 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (6 oz.) container of grape tomatoes, de-stemmed
- 1 cup red, yellow, and green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- Juice from one medium orange
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 10-12 wood skewers, soaked in water
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes on a sheet pan.
- Turn squash over and add tomatoes. Continue to roast until soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes more.
- Combine prepared couscous and remaining ingredients in mixing bowl and toss. Chill for 4 hours and serve.
- Note: can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Mix well before serving.
Bison Steak & Couscous
Experience the sweet flavor of all natural bison - the true red meat of the American West. No antibiotics, no added hormones, and no animal byproducts. Just all natural and wholesome flavor.Order All Natural Bison Sirloin