A message about COVID-19 from our executive team at Frontiere Natural Meats, LLC and Maverick Ranch:
As a Safe Quality Food (SQF) Level 2 and USDA Organic certified processing facility, we already follow strict protocols for safety and cleanliness. The developing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation reinforces the need to maintain our high hygienic standards while examining ways we can do even better. The health and well-being of our employees, partners and customers is our top priority.
On top of following general guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local public health organizations—such as providing easy access to sanitizers and cleaners, asking sick employees to stay home, and keeping an informed, proactive ear to the evolving situation—we want to take the opportunity to outline how excellent sanitation practices already inform our daily operation:
- At the end of each shift, our work crews thoroughly wash down and sterilize all production areas.
- Each morning begins with a pre-operational sanitation review conducted by our Quality Control department. Equipment, tools and the overall cleanliness of our production rooms are inspected. Production cannot begin until everything passes inspection.
- Employees are provided clean garments on a daily basis. This includes gloves, disposable sleeves, disposable aprons, hair nets, beard nets and helmets.
- We use a chlorine-based sanitizer Monday through Thursday for all equipment. On Fridays, an ammonia-based sanitizer is used.
- Mid-day washdowns are performed along with the re-sanitizing of conveyers and grinders when changing species production.
- At the end of each day, cleanup begins for preparation of the overnight washdown operation mentioned above.
- Each night after washdown and before the next day’s inspection, we run a Hydroxyl Air Purifier system to treat the air and kill bacteria and viruses.
These protocols are already among the best in the industry. To reassure both our staff and our customers, we have started implementing the following additional safeguards:
- Sanitation systems are being installed throughout the building, including all entrances, the front desk, all floors, and the break room.
- All plant tours are canceled. Outside guests are no longer allowed inside production areas.
- We are enhancing point-of-contact cleanings throughout the entire building (i.e. bannisters, doorknobs, table tops, etc.).
- Hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes and antibacterial hand wash have been provided to employees and are available in all bathrooms.
- Sick employees cannot return to work without their doctor’s approval. We will boost employee sick pay and assist with additional copays as needed.
- We are installing additional Hydroxyl Air Purifiers throughout the building, such as entrances and break rooms.
We operate primarily within the US and are reaching out to our industry partners to ensure the stability of our supply chain. We do not foresee any interruptions in the near future, but we will continue to monitor the situation closely and promise to keep an open line of communication with you should things change.
Josh Viola, Vice President
James Viola, President and CEO